TimeCutter SW5000 electrical problem?

nige_os

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey All,

This is normally over my head but I feel like I should try to fix it myself as the wait time at the local place is really long and I cant afford a huge bill right now.

My 3 year old TimeCutter SW5000 has been running great, but on the last mow, it would randomly stop cutting then 3/4 of the way through, it just died completely and would not restart. Starter motor wouldnt turn, the brake switch would appear "inconsistent" when trying to turn it on or off. Turning the key would do nothing at all.

I checked the battery, it was fine but I charged it anyway, it shows 12.7volts.

It has been sitting in the middle of my yard, dead for a day and a half and I tried it again today. Now the brake will turn on and off with the switch, and it makes a weird buzzing noise when trying to start the engine, like its trying to start the starter but cant. Could this be a solenoid issue? I'd love some thoughts on what this may be?

Here us a video showing the noise it makes:

thank you!

Nige

nige_os

Forum Newbie
Threads
From reading the other threads here, I'm going to download the schematics a little later but as the noise seemed so distinctive, I thought I'd share that first. thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes that is a relay rapidly opening and closing.
You will be able to find it by putting our finger on various ones and feeling the buzz.
Some times it is the relay going bad but usually it is a broken wire or bad connection.
Toro have their manuals on line .
We will need the full model numbers off the tag under the seat as there are a lot of variations with time cutters.