Time to restore the old Snap on.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It will only take 100% to bare metal
However it will wick into crevices and cure there as well, it will just take a bit longer & not be as strong .
POR 15 at its weakest is still better than Kill Rust & other alkaloid base paints
And yes the whole box will need to be stripped bare

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
It will only take 100% to bare metal
However it will wick into crevices and cure there as well, it will just take a bit longer & not be as strong .
POR 15 at its weakest is still better than Kill Rust & other alkaloid base paints
And yes the whole box will need to be stripped bare

I'm going to check around and see if I can find a radiator shop that still has a bead blaster for those drawers.

upupandaway

Threads
I used Por back in the 90's to paint my 60's tiller. I still have it and it never had a speck of rust. The problem I had was that their Hardnose paint on top of the Por peeled off here and there.

The Snowbird snowblower I used the same thing and after10 years and my moving south, not a speck of rust where metal was not exposed- like rock chips.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I called around today and found a powder coating company in Little Rock. They said they could do the top and bottom box, with just about any color I wanted for less than $500. That included the inside of the cabinet and the drawers.

I think I'm going to go that route.