Export thread

Throwing the belt

B

Billy71

I have a Poulan pro 46" Zero turn mower, It keeps throwing the belt that I have just replaced with the new one and it is the exact same size

I

ILENGINE

What is the model number of the mower so we can see what mower you have. Also which belt keeps coming off.

B

Billy71

It's the deck mower and where do I find the model number

StarTech

StarTech

It's the deck mower and where do I find the model number
Usually on the serial number tag which is normally under the seat.

B

Billy71

Usually on the serial number tag which is normally under the seat.
C-PWE-PNHEQ-SPH

StarTech

StarTech

C-PWE-PNHEQ-SPH
That is the EPA Certification number and not the model number. Try again. We have it is 2012 or older unit now And yes Husqvarna makes the Poulan mower.

Husqvarna Outdoor Products N.A., Inc. (PWE)​
CPWEPNHEQSPH​
2012​
Nonhandheld Equipment Certification​
No​
No​
Route running loss emissions into the engine intake system so fuel vapors vented from the tank during engine operation are combusted in the engine​

B

Billy71

Yes it's a 2012,

B

Billy71

Yes it's a 2012,

Yes it's a 2012,

That is the EPA Certification number and not the model number. Try again. We have it is 2012 or older unit now And yes Husqvarna makes the Poulan mower.

Husqvarna Outdoor Products N.A., Inc. (PWE)​
CPWEPNHEQSPH​
2012​
Nonhandheld Equipment Certification​
No​
No​
Route running loss emissions into the engine intake system so fuel vapors vented from the tank during engine operation are combusted in the engine​

B

Billy71

Where else can I look

B

Billy71

Any body have any ideas?

StarTech

StarTech

You can research these to see if any of them is your mower.
1626644240682.png

B

Billy71

It's a 461ZX-999681801 and year is 2012

StarTech

StarTech

Is the belt retainer on the LH idler pulley? I have where owner replace the belt and throw away the retainer or install the belt wrong. It has to be removed to install the belt but needs re-installing.

cpolarbear

cpolarbear

Any body have any ideas?
You may have a pulley going bad. Had that issue on my JD deck, and one of the pulleys ended up being the issue. They may turn, but if they don't free spin, they cause drag and that will throw the belt off. Check your pulleys and spindles for free movement when the belt is off. They shouldn't have any noise, grinding, or play when spinning or being checked. Ensure spindles are regularly greaased if they have a fitting, too...

C

cupboy

Was the old belt coming off too? If not what happens if you re-install it?

cpolarbear

cpolarbear

Whenever I had that issue with my John Deere, it usually turned out one of the deck pulley wheels was going bad...

sgkent

sgkent

It is an old Scottish custom before each season. All the men get around and see how far they can throw their old belts that don't fit anymore after a long sassy fat winter.