Throttle cable needed. (917.255270)

silver1

Threads
I have a Sears LT 10 36..917.255270 w/Tecumseh 10 Hp. VM-100 engine. I'm in need of a throttle
cable as the one on it is broken. The local repair shops were no help. Anyone know were to find a replacement? Thanks,
LB

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The cable is no longer available from Sears, but I assume you know that. You are going to have to use a universal replacement, from a company like Stens or Oregon. Many dealers use them for a variety of parts. Take a look at the website and see if any ofvthese controls look similar to yours. The length of the cable will be too long, but that can be cut to length by any good mechanic. Look for one that has the same type of mounting on the dashboard. Let us know if it helps or if it does not, post a picture of the control.

All Universal Cables - Stens Parts Direct

Passport®: OEP Power Search by OREGON®

silver1

Threads
Rivets,
Your correct, Sears doesn't have it. That would make it to EZ! I have the pictures.
I would like a true replacement from someone out there. I can get a universal unit
locally. I'm just not sure on how to "make" one fit. I will use the old outer coil and
mount. I will need to know how long the inside wire is and how far it protrudes out
the cable end at the shortest length. As you can see, the outside coil is 27" long.
The dash mount bolts are 2" apart. It looks like about an inch (?) is broken off.

Thanks for the help.
Silver1

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
After looking at your pictures, you should be able to have a good repair shop make you a new inner wire. They sell that wire in bulk. I would add about 2" to the length you have left. A good mechanic should be able to do this for about $10-15. That's about what I would charge.

WCBcoor

Threads
I agree with Rivets. I bought my grandson an old tractor and that wire/cable is one of the parts that needed replacement on it. I took it to a local lawnmower repair shop and they made a new one for me. Cost for this was $12 at this shop. Good luck.

silver1

Threads
I will try my small engine repair shop again. He did not have "bulk" wire/cable.
I may make one from the snapper out front. Happy holidays. LB

silver1

Threads
Ok. Your repair shops are great people. Mine not so much. They did sell me their least expensive throttle cable and wished me luck!
I made my own using the old outer cable housing and installed it today. I replaced the fuel line intake
swivel to the carburetor to stop the gas leak and all the proper carb. linkage.
Now it is raining out! Oh well maybe tomorrow.
Thanks for all the help......

LB

silver1

Threads
Well the rain stopped. Installed the throttle cable adjusted the carb. and turned her over.
She fired up! I started to fine tune the carb. but there is still gas leaking from the bowl.
???

silver1

Threads
There was a small manufactures stamp (top) That made a very small hole in the bottom of the bowl! :confused2:
I flattened it out and put some JB weld on it. I will need the "O" ring so thanks for the number.
My engine is VM 100 157018A.