Thinking

RockHound

Threads
I'm thinking about getting a walk behind that is self propelled and electric start. I know there aren't many of them out there but I'm getting to the point that I can't pull start the mower any longer. Getting old isn't a good thing.:frown:

jock0larity

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you can稚 pull start it, try some maintenance on it, like valve job, spark plug, or carb. Buying an electric start mower is like buying a starter or battery every spring.

rekees

Threads
I'm thinking about getting a walk behind that is self propelled and electric start. I know there aren't many of them out there but I'm getting to the point that I can't pull start the mower any longer. Getting old isn't a good thing.:frown:

Sears has some reasonable priced models in the $250-$300 dollar range. The batteries are around $50 to replace but they will last a 3-5 years if you keep them charged (charger should be included with mower) during the Winter.

RockHound

Threads
Thanks guys. I appreciate that. I am going to have to get one soon. My grandson, who is supposed to be helping me, isn't. I've had the old mower tuned up and it still is hard on my joints to pull start it. I will investigate Sears but I'm not really fond of the Craftsman brand name after I got two riders that were duds.

billcarolh

Forum Newbie
Threads

Shop Craftsman front wheel drive w/Estart and buy two years
service policy (this will cover B&S Etec):tongue:

btravelstead

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kids bought me a Cub Cadet, rear drive, electric start,rear bag, Love that electric start. I did have to buy a new starter 85.00, after I learned you cant mow in the rain and let it sit, water runs in to starter and it will cost you. Just put your mower under cover, I do now. Bill