Tecumseh VLV 55 primer doesnt work

PSTEF

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have to use starting fluid to start this Ariens mower. I replaced the primer bulb BUT that didnt help. I have read that the plastic housing the primer is mounted on may be warped. That part is NLA.
Bought a new Honda that may have a compression release issue, a whole new possible problem..lol. Winter here in NE Ohio

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Here is the manual for your Tecumseh engine. I’ve seen where people are confused when getting parts for these engines, as they used two different carbs and many parts guys just guess. Most times the main nozzle and jets get clogged, which sounds like your problem. These carbs are easy to rebuild, just as long as you take your time and have the correct rebuild kit. https://mymowerparts.com/pdf/Tecums...5-VLV60-VLV65-VLV66-VLV126-ENGINES-695578.pdf

PSTEF

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is the manual for your Tecumseh engine. I’ve seen where people are confused when getting parts for these engines, as they used two different carbs and many parts guys just guess. Most times the main nozzle and jets get clogged, which sounds like your problem. These carbs are easy to rebuild, just as long as you take your time and have the correct rebuild kit. https://mymowerparts.com/pdf/Tecums...5-VLV60-VLV65-VLV66-VLV126-ENGINES-695578.pdf
Even bought a new carb, same problem. Starts and runs fine with a shot of carb cleaner in air cleaner.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Depending on the spec number, three different carbs were used on that engine. Part numbers 632671 or 640020 or 632757. Are you sure you purchased the correct one? Who looked up the part number? Did you purchase from a dealer or off FleaBay or AutoScam? If not from a dealer you could very easily have gotten the wrong one or bad one. Seen this multiple times.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
I have to use starting fluid to start this Ariens mower. I replaced the primer bulb BUT that didnt help. I have read that the plastic housing the primer is mounted on may be warped. That part is NLA.
Bought a new Honda that may have a compression release issue, a whole new possible problem..lol. Winter here in NE Ohio
What makes you think the primer isn't working?