Export thread

Tecumseh Carburetor

L

Lockheed

Does the metal primer tube on a 632370a carburetor press in or screw in?

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

when i type that part number in it comes up as a Choke type carburetor and not a primer type.
1613843759871.png

I

ILENGINE

Scrub the carbs for the snow thrower engines had both a choke and a primer. To the OP I would say they are probably a press in type connector but not 100% sure, that fitting could also be the breather for float bowl. Can't plug it off if so.

L

Lockheed

Thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure it is for priming. I am trying to put this on a generator instead of a snowblower. I was thinking about plugging it or taking it out and put a set screw in it. I have had the generator since it was new about 20 years and have never liked how it runs because of the non adjustable carb. Just looking at alternatives.

R

Rivets

Are you sure that the engine will fit the generator? Most generators have an external threaded crankshaft and snowblowers use a key way or tapped crankshaft.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Are you sure that the engine will fit the generator? Most generators have an external threaded crankshaft and snowblowers use a key way or tapped crankshaft.
I think he means swapping the carb to the gen engine.

L

Lockheed

I think he means swapping the carb to the gen engine.
Just the Carb

upupandaway

upupandaway

I was thinking about plugging it or taking it out and put a set screw in it.
You can test it to find out if it also is a breather.
If this is where a 3/32" tube connects, I had a few of them - blowers and Ariens mower. All of mine they act as breather also.
I think car parts store has a cap you could put on it but if it is like mine, you would need to leave it open for the float to work properly.