Tecumseh Carburetor Issue

Booshcat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys,
I have a Tecumseh Enduro 5HP horizontal shaft engine on my Cyclone Rake, that drives the vacuum impeller.
It starts after a few pumps on the prime bulb, but will die ou quickly after.
I can only keep it running by holding the primer bulb in to its fully depressed condition (not pumping). I suspect a leak in the bulb, but there is no damage or hole visible. Does anyone have any other reasons why this would occur?
I tried to locate an engine plate, but no numbers are visible, they may be on the side facing the impeller housing.
Thanks!
IMG_20231104_45585.jpgIMG_20231104_45335.jpg

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove the bowl nut and bowl and take a peek. Inspect the nut {jet} and thoroughly clean out all of the little holes/passages.

Booshcat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I'll drop the bowl and take a look
I found the numbers. It's an OHH50-65
OH195EA/OH195EP.

Booshcat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Remove the bowl nut and bowl and take a peek. Inspect the nut {jet} and thoroughly clean out all of the little holes/passages.
Thank you Fish!
That worked, blew it out with compressed air, and it's running like a champ.
The engine only gets used for a few hours each fall picking up leaves.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you Fish!
That worked, blew it out with compressed air, and it's running like a champ.
The engine only gets used for a few hours each fall picking up leaves.
Yeah, sitting with old gas gets those jets gummed up. Glad it worked for you. I actually leave that nut turned back a hair so the fuel will drip on out before I put it up for the year.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Just my 2 cents. When I know I'm about done mulching leaves for the year I switch from pump gas to Tru-Fuel or VP Fuel for the last couple of tanks. It's a little expensive but nothing gums up and everything starts next year without any issues.