Tecumseh Carb

dnoonkeste

Threads
I have a 10 horsepower Craftsman lawnmower(model 502.254172) with a tecumseh carb. I had to clean the carb. and now I cannot get the carb. to idle. I have placed the springs several different ways and it still will not idle. It wants to run fast. Does anybody have a diagram on how to hook the springs and the governor back?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 10 horsepower Craftsman lawnmower(model 502.254172) with a tecumseh carb. I had to clean the carb. and now I cannot get the carb. to idle. I have placed the springs several different ways and it still will not idle. It wants to run fast. Does anybody have a diagram on how to hook the springs and the governor back?

I just serviced my 10hp Tecumseh model HM100 on my genset....when you cleaned the carb you must have removed the float bowl, and the nut that holds the bowl on has a jet on it. My manual does not have a diagram of the linkage, but I can send you the pics I took of my assembly using my Blackberry camera...the carb bowl jet on mine is set to be 1 3/4 turns open (from fully screwed in) and the main jet for mine (just over the float bowl) is set at 2 1/2-2/3/4 turns open (from fully screwed in. Not sure if I can send pics from my handheld to the site...it probably can, but I am not smart enough !!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you say run fast, do you mean wants to over rev or just won't idle down. Alot of tecumseh carbs will allow the throttle linkage to be hooked in different holes and you may have hooked it in a wrong hole so the throttle plate is working the opposite direction is is suppose to.