M mcflash Forum Newbie Aug 14, 2017 #1 I installed a new TEC 64072 carburetor on my edger. Idles fine. Under full power the engine surges, then quits. Have cleaned the new carb and put in fresh gas. Any ideas?
I installed a new TEC 64072 carburetor on my edger. Idles fine. Under full power the engine surges, then quits. Have cleaned the new carb and put in fresh gas. Any ideas?
Catherine LawnWorld Support Aug 14, 2017 #2 :welcome: Welcome to the forum! I'm going to move your thread over to our small engine repair section. Someone over there may have an idea.
:welcome: Welcome to the forum! I'm going to move your thread over to our small engine repair section. Someone over there may have an idea.
ILENGINE Lawn Royalty Aug 15, 2017 #3 Have you checked the fuel flow from the tank to the carb. You symptoms suggest a restricted fuel flow that can't keep up under load.
Have you checked the fuel flow from the tank to the carb. You symptoms suggest a restricted fuel flow that can't keep up under load.