Tecumsah carburetor question

tim4

Threads
I am working on a mtd snowblower with tecumsah 10 horse on it model lh358sa and when I prime the engine with starter fluid it keeps running fine. I shut the engine off and try to start it a few hours later it does not start on choke or by pressing the primer. I tried another carburetor on the machine which I cleaned and the same problem. The float bowl is filling up like iit should but no fuel is going in to the carburetor when I press the primer. I put a new primer and line on it also. When I get it running by priming the carburetor it idles and runs high speed fine. There is no needle valve under the float bowl just a nut with passages in the center and side which I made sure it was clean.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Float height is probably not set properly, due to the seat swelling, causing a lean condition. Solution, clean and rebuild carb with new float needle and seat, plus resetting the float level.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Also can be cause by a bad float bowl gasket not sealing. As Rivet as says the float needle valve do tend to swell.

tim4

Threads
Thanks I tightened the float bowl and it starts better.