Repairs Technical Manual 130,160,165,175,180,185 Lawn Tractors

E30TECH

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Technical Manual 130,160,165,175,180,185 Lawn Tractors
JD Technical Service Manuals are the way to go when you are maintaining your tractor. Manuals can be well over $100 from JD, take your time looking through above website for your manual. Let us know if this helps, thanks Mark
Thank you for the reply. I searched yesterday, but was hoping for a free pdf download. I’ll take a better look with your link and purchase one if I can’t find a scanned version. I noticed you are a wealth of information as I have seen a lot of your posts. Thank you for your help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The JD manuals are worth 10 times what JD charge for them
I have sub contracted to Reed publishing editing some of their technical manuals and translating others .
IT cost thousands to make a good service manual , a cost that is never recovered .
Every photo is well over $ 200 by the time it gets to print yet people seem to think they have the rights to get them for free
You will not find much in the way of receint JD manuals on line
But if your time is worth nothing then enjoy your searching

E30TECH

Forum Newbie
Threads
The JD manuals are worth 10 times what JD charge for them
I have sub contracted to Reed publishing editing some of their technical manuals and translating others .
IT cost thousands to make a good service manual , a cost that is never recovered .
Every photo is well over $ 200 by the time it gets to print yet people seem to think they have the rights to get them for free
You will not find much in the way of receint JD manuals on line
But if your time is worth nothing then enjoy your searching
Thanks for your insight. Sorry you got your panties in a bunch.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I a
Thanks for your insight. Sorry you got your panties in a bunch.
I am absolutely fine.
But it is worth my time to give people realistic ideas about why things cost what they do and what reasonable expectations should be
IF you had a MTD or Husqvarna the answer is tough luck there is no manuals produced for their mowers, just occasional dealer serice notices to suppliment the factory training system.
So the fact that JD firstly produces a manual, then allows the public to have access to them is a priviledge not a right , even if you have to pay for it
Try to get a Stihl service manual or even simple tune up details .
IF dealers get caught giving that to a customer then they can loose their franchise and if any one puts a receint one on line it will be gone in a day or two than the poster threatened with legal action for copyright infringement and Stihl actually do it .