TB30 rear engine rider will not go in gear.

Opus619

Forum Newbie
Threads
Help! I have a TB30 rear engine rider with less than 8 hrs on it. Got off mower to move obstacle and now won't go fwd or rev. Clutch/brake pedal feels normal and has full range of motion. Same with FNR lever. I don't think this model has a drive belt. Have moved shift from park through all 6 gears, nothing. Any ideas where to look from here? Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are wrong, this unit is belt driven and the belt has jumped off one of the the pulleys. Take it back to the dealer and have it repair under warranty.

577jersey

Threads
Yeah doesn’t matter if its hydro or gear,,there most likely is a belt to drive the pumps or the box :)

Opus619

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you. I'll look in that direction today and let you know what I find.

Opus619

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I found the broken belt. I bought this from a farm supply store without an 85.00 extended warranty so they said tough luck call troy-bilt. It is warranted but would be a big hassle getting it in to an authorized repair shop. Does anyone know the steps needed to gain access to belt. Do I have to remove mower deck, etc. I'm not inexperienced mechanically but don't want to disassemble more than needed. I could find no videos or anything googling, just part diagrams. This is the lower of the two drive belts not the PTO. Anyone done this before? Appreciate any help or tips. Thanks