TB110 Mower won't start, UNLESS.....

InitialsBB

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a TB110 mower that I have had for a while. Was a 1-2 pull started every time. However at one point it started to become problematic. Now, in order to start it I have to turn the entire mower on it's side for a few minutes, put it back down and it will start. I would like to return the mower to it's previous glory but have no idea whats wrong with it or turning on it's side does (don't ask me how I can to that fix) Bought it new, so I am the only owner, store it in garage, change the oil etc....only other maintenance I haven't done lately is sharpen the blade. Trying to figure out what the side thing does that allows it to start when trying the normal way doesn't work.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
WElcome.
turning on the side allows the float to flood the engine
Time to remove the carb & clean it
And perhaps the fuel tank as well .

InitialsBB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks! I thought about the carb, but once it's started it will run just fine and I thought that if it was a float issue it would rear it's head while running, but probably no harm in pulling and rebuilding the carb (can test the float as well)

DaveTN

Threads
Hi BB and Welcome to the LMF! Mowing season is almost upon us and many folks will be
wanting their mowers running and rush the mechanics wanting it done ASAP. I worked on
an older Craftsman with an Opposed Twin 18hp last week but its been so soggy wet down
South for the last month it's hard to get anything done outside. Float bowls all need to be
drained before Spring use since they'll gather water whether inside or out from my exp. That
is the first thing I do and the mower will usually hit a lick or two and try to run.

InitialsBB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi BB and Welcome to the LMF! Mowing season is almost upon us and many folks will be
wanting their mowers running and rush the mechanics wanting it done ASAP. I worked on
an older Craftsman with an Opposed Twin 18hp last week but its been so soggy wet down
South for the last month it's hard to get anything done outside. Float bowls all need to be
drained before Spring use since they'll gather water whether inside or out from my exp. That
is the first thing I do and the mower will usually hit a lick or two and try to run.
Thanks everyone! Just to recap, I looked for a rebuild kit and the cost of a new carb, fuel filter, air filter, fuel line, etc was only$20 shipped, so just went that route, removed old, replaced with new, buttoned up and it started first pull (motor was undulating at first, but evened out after 2 min), mowed front of house and left back for tomorrow to see if it's a 1-2 pull again. Thanks for the help everyone!