Tar-a-Dactile

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Taryl knows his stuff fersure.
His vids are entertaining. what i really like are guys making vids who don't really know what they are doing. But i guess everyone is an internet expert. There is a moron who does tool reviews and was reviewing a tap and die set and gave it a bad review because it didn't come with instructions. And he didn't know what the "thingy" with teeth was for. It was the thread pitch guage. Or the review that trashes a certain brand of power tools then you find out the guys run a online tool store and don't carry the brand they trashed. Take everthing from the internet with grain of salt. Especially from a guy with hammer mechanic in his name.

:D

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I'm trying to figure out why this carb primer won't prime, and for just kicks and grins, I tune into the video where Slippers locks taryl out of his own shop and does a video on this exact carb. I'd already cleaned everything except the jet/hole where the fuel actually squirts out of the primer and into the head. That part is clogged. (and still partially clogged).
Anywho, I had a little trouble getting the butterfly out of the cloke lever. I used two pair of needle nose and they just kept slipping off. Bout had me ready to just dig out a different carb.
At the end of this video, and I mean the very end, there's an outtake of slippers, with needlenose, trying to get the butterfly out.
"And take this throttle plate out"......slip

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Then there are the videos created to show one certain function or repair tip that start out with 5 minutes of mumbo jumbo before they show what screw to turn. Good that we can click on the time line and go past all that.
Got to love fast forward.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think Taryl is up there with Donnieboy BUT you get the "Southern Classic Comedy Show" with him. Taryl and Donnieboy are awesome guys.

slomo