T3000 Craftsman Riding Mower

campersam9

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a 2014 tractor with 114 hrs. On it. When I got home I found out it has a plastic transmission! Are the plastic transmissions any good ? Am I in for repairs? Was this a mistake?

Bertrrr

Threads
Never liked Craftsman mowers etc. but that's just me , never saw a plastic transmission but guessing it's up to spec.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not a fan of the General Plastic trans but seem to work like a hydro. Big thing to do is keep the keep the outside clean and don't let grass build up on it.

MowerNick

Threads
They have had alot of issues with those transaxles and its not just craftsman. Ariens, John deere and Husqvarna have used those. I believe the john deere d105 or d125 use a plastic GT transaxle and they have recalled a ton of them. I have also seen that alot of the parts to rebuild them are hard to get.

campersam9

Forum Newbie
Threads
After reading and looking at you tube I found some things that have to be replaced. Axle seals are the weak point. This is easy to replace. Main thing keep it clean. I keep my tractor looking new. My old craftsman was a 2002 the B&S cam destroyed the motor. What a shame.