Swisher ZT2660 moves really slow

workit

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower is six years old but has been well maintained. Started noticing a slight loss of power at beginning of last season and then lost hydro belt. I have replaced hydro belt and adjusted tensioner and loss of power became more noticable. I have replaced fluid in both hydros and problem still worsened with "studdering" in left and right turn. It is hard for me to believe that both units would go bad at same time. Could brake be out of adjustment or could I have air in units or to much or not enough tension? Appreciate any help.... I'm a new member...great site!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have seen several of the hydrogear units on swisher mowers break a spring in the hydro pump, which destroys the mating surface to the center section. And yes they seem to fail within about a month of each other.

Have also seen several on swisher with water contaminated oil in the hydros. There is suppose to be a little umbrella on tip of the hydro vent tube, and some don't have the water guard.

Captaingps65

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I’m having the same exact problem with the hydraulics on both wheels. So how did you resolve the problem? I just Got this mower and looking around for parts and I see they don’t make those drives anymore so if you find time let me know. Thank you

Captaingps65

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does any body have a parts breakdown on the weal drives were you can see all the parts in order for the ZT2660 mower I’m just wondering if it’s just like the clutch Going out in a standard car ? anybody?