Export thread

Swisher 44" blades won't engage

D

debbiek914

I just had this mower serviced 2 weeks ago. Started to mow acreage in upstate NY. Took down lots of 1-2" wild rose bushes up to 6' high. Everything going great until I noticed after mowing about 2 hours that the grass wasn't being cut. I took it apart and saw the belt had slipped off of the pulleys. I put the belt back on and started to mow again. The blades still wouldn't engage! It was so hot out and I didn't have the energy to take it all apart again. Do you think I should just replace the belt? I did some research and saw that other people seemed to have this problem also. Someone suggested a Kevlar belt for less issues. I also saw that some people had problems with the blades freezing up. How do I prevent this from happening? What do you all think? It's too hard to load the Swisher onto my 5' x 10' trailer again. Such low clearance that it keeps getting held up on ramp. Only got it on by putting moving dollies under it.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

M

mechanic mark

Zero Turn Riding Mowers - Owners Manuals - Manuals - Documents locate your model, check fuses first then wire harness connection to PTO clutch. Use leaf blower on mower to remove debris, no water. Water can be be used to clean underside of deck. Water will harm electrical parts.

D

debbiek914

Zero Turn Riding Mowers - Owners Manuals - Manuals - Documents locate your model, check fuses first then wire harness connection to PTO clutch. Use leaf blower on mower to remove debris, no water. Water can be be used to clean underside of deck.

Thanks! will try!