Export thread

SV530 Courage 17hp Flywheel does not appear to have puller bolt holes

J

Jeffrey

I have a 2 year old SV530 Courage 17 hp engine. The exhaust valve push rod was bent. I plan to remove the flywheel to check that end of the rod. When I removed the plastic fan, I found my flywheel only has two non-threaded holes. The manual and other posted pictures show 2 more holes closer to the center. I attempted to attach an image from the manual showing the flywheel below. My question is if I don't have the two holes drilled into the 4 lobe structure at the hub, how do I use a puller to remove the flywheel?

Flywheel_Manual.GIF

B

bertsmobile1

I have a 2 year old SV530 Courage 17 hp engine. The exhaust valve push rod was bent. I plan to remove the flywheel to check that end of the rod. When I removed the plastic fan, I found my flywheel only has two non-threaded holes. The manual and other posted pictures show 2 more holes closer to the center. I attempted to attach an image from the manual showing the flywheel below. My question is if I don't have the two holes drilled into the 4 lobe structure at the hub, how do I use a puller to remove the flywheel?

View attachment 31732

You don't
Put a pry bar under the flywheel and apply a lot of pressure
Put the nut back on the crank shaft loose 1 to 2 turns
Give the nut a healthy smack with the biggest hammer you can find it will pop off the taper.
Then undo the nut and remove the flywheel

I

ILENGINE

Per Kohler service manual. To remove a flywheel without the drilled holes is to use a large gear pulley under the ring gear.