SV150 not starting

Mindak

Forum Newbie
Just picked up a champion R 484 TR!
Seller said it won't start but has a good spark so set about the usual carb cleaning process and confirm the spark which is good!
Add fuel and still not starting, there seems to be a loud hissing sound coming from somewhere.
Have I bought a no hoper?

Thanks
 
Just picked up a champion R 484 TR!
Seller said it won't start but has a good spark so set about the usual carb cleaning process and confirm the spark which is good!
Add fuel and still not starting, there seems to be a loud hissing sound coming from somewhere.
Have I bought a no hoper?

Thanks

Hello,the hissing sound could be a head gasket gone or even the head bolts have come loose. tighten bolts if needed and see if this improves things . parts are available for that engine but you may have to shop around. Gary
 
I was thinking a head issues so I just bolted on a Honda GCV135 I had on a spare deck so hoping to get the conversion finished tomorrow ready to sell on! Thanks for the reply!
 
Back
Top