Export thread

Suspension seat for mzt

B

berlinfirefighter

Well I'm looking at putting a suspension seat on my new husqvarna mzt. I found one on eBay and according to this diagram it should work with little to no modifications. 2 of the holes might need to be drilled out a little bit bigger to work. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

PIJoe

PIJoe

I was looking at the dealer to see how different the seat pan was on the ZT's vs my LT. I'd like to put the seat I think you have on yours onto my lawn tractor. The pans are very different in my case, but yeah- they looked very similar on yours. Should be fairly straightforward. Did they offer an option of the suspension seat on the ZT? If so, it would be totally do-able, I would think.

B

berlinfirefighter

No they don't offer a suspension seat for the mzt well at least not that I seen. I ordered one off eBay that says universal fit. They said fits most major brands and may fit others. I ordered anyways and when I went to install. The seat bolted perfectly but the frame didn't. The two back holes lined up but the front didn't. I drilled new holes in the suspension frame instead of new holes on the mower. I don't want the paint to chip and rust.

I haven't used it yet but I can't wait to try it out

PIJoe

PIJoe

You know, after sitting on the new Aeron Office-type seat that is on the high end Simplicity mowers, I'm sold. I need to have one, and have to modify one to fit my pan. By far the most comfortable seat I've ever sat on. I've used the Herman Miller Aeron chairs for years at work, and this knock off is awesome. There is nothing under you- it is like a elastrometric butt hammock.

BroadmoorRightFront.jpg

Another member here just added a suspension kit under the seat of his Hustler Z, it is an eBay kit also..

Here's a link: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/hustl...seat-suspension-kit-my-52-hustler-raptor.html

B

berlinfirefighter

That is the same suspension as I just bought. However I don't notice a difference. I have it set to the softest setting and I'm 250lbs and don't notice a softer ride. Even when I sit on it I don't feel the suspension sink down at all

Something not right there. Could you compress it prior to install ?

Something not right there. Could you compress it prior to install ?

B

berlinfirefighter

I tried when I first took it out of the box but it was on the stiffest setting so I wasn't able to squeeze it. I never tried it on the softest setting before install. I guess I will have to take it off and try

G

gainestruk

You don't want it on softest setting, it's like an air ride seat on semi you have to tighten it up to your weight, like on my last kenworth I owned when I had it aired up for my 250lbs it would move up and down with bumps but if someone lighter than me set in it it would be hard as a rock and not move, so keep tightening it up until it will move but not bottom out when you hit a bump.
Mike..

B

berlinfirefighter

Ya but at the softest setting I can't even get it to compress. I will have to mess with it more when I get home

G

gainestruk

Got ya, my bad I was thinking you had it all the way down, something doesn't sound right for sure.

B

berlinfirefighter

Well I found out what my problem was. The arms on the suspension part were hitting the pan on the mower. So it was causing it to bottom out after about 1/8". So now I'm going to put a couple slices in the pan so the suspension can fold

G

gainestruk

Good deal, I knew something not right, when you get it working please give us an update on it.

That should do it. The other member had no trouble like this tho ?

B

berlinfirefighter

Well I got it all taken care of now and works great. I added a piece of wood under the suspension. I used wood until I can get some aluminum flat stock and paint it orange to make it match. I'm kinda bummed because I drilled 4 holes where the arms on the suspension were hitting the pan and now you can see them. I didn't have to drill them. So I guess I will have to spray some clear on it and maybe get 4 rubber gromets so it don't rust. It won't let me upload the picture from my phone it says its to big. So when I get to a computer I will try to if I remember

B

berlinfirefighter

If he has a husqvarna he probably had this issue too. The suspension says its universal and fits most major brands. Husqvarna must not be a major brand :confused3: To be honest I'm not sure how they work on the brands they listed unless the pan the seat bolts to has a big hollow spot in it. I never paid attention to what it looks like on the exmarks I use to run

:thumbsup: Cool, & those un-needed holes you can say are for lightening up the mower..

How are the lap-bars for ya now as you sit taller ? I think they make extenders, or one could easily fab up some (if needed).

B

berlinfirefighter

If I'm sitting with my knees bent the bars just stop before they hit me. To me it feels more comfortable but I will see when I mow again

Agree, next mow will be the test. Sounds good tho.

B

berlinfirefighter

Well I finally got to test out the new suspension. Man what a difference. I don't understand why they don't come standard on all mowers. It's the best $140 I spent. My uncle bought some from exmarks for his business and this one fells the same as the over priced dealer ones. His always seems to snap the cable or spring in the first year or two but he does mow with them 50-60 hours a week. The only difference I see in this one compared to his is that his has a scale for your weight so you know where to dial it in at

Cool that yours is working out so well..

a scale on his mowers, wow !! Never would have thought that was even an idea..

B

berlinfirefighter

Well its not really a scale but more of the knob having all the weights on it. And you twist it to your weight

10-4, I understand now..