suntar 20

buckeye_guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Having fuel issues mower will run fine then start to cough and subder and die . Wont start unless i put gas in carb then fires right up runs about 2 or 3 secs then runs oughta fuel . i pulled gromont oughta the bottom of tank and remove screen and put inline filter on . put gas down carb started and ran for about 2 or 3 secs quit did that 3 times and noticed through the clean fuel filter it wasnt drawing from tank . Could this be fuel pump and help would be appreciated thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Results check vent hole in fuel tank cap for being stopped up.

See page 20 in second owners manual, troubleshooting, cranks but will not start. You have a circuit breaker you may need to reset manually. Also carefully check spark plug for spark with spark tester, air filter for replacement, fresh gas, check oil level on dipstick. Can you smell gas in oil on dipstick? Did you check gas cap vent? Post all numbers from engine data plate, thanks mechanic mark.

Last edited:

buckeye_guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I checked and installed new fuel pump and same thing put gas down carb and it runs for acouple then dies don't know what to do next I'm lost !