STX30 fuel problem, Help!

rb35004

Forum Newbie
Threads
i am having a really strange problem. My mower will start and run fine until it burns all the gas out of the carb and filter. If it is idling it would run all day, but under load it burns it faster than the fuel will flow from the tank. I have replaced the filter, shutoff valve and fuel lines from the tank to the carb and have verified the vent is open. I took the tank off and verified that the discharge is clear and no trash in tank. The fuel will not flow down to the carb. Any ideas?

weekender

Forum Newbie
Threads
My STX30 may have this same issue. Just got the mower and I'm going to verify the fuel line, filter and tank. Anybody have any thoughts on the original posters question?

PJ

Threads
Hi you can look at the needle valve inside the carburetor normally close the fuel inlet. the valve could be partially blocked or the float level set to low.

Good luck PJ

sdsra

Threads
i am having a really strange problem. My mower will start and run fine until it burns all the gas out of the carb and filter. If it is idling it would run all day, but under load it burns it faster than the fuel will flow from the tank. I have replaced the filter, shutoff valve and fuel lines from the tank to the carb and have verified the vent is open. I took the tank off and verified that the discharge is clear and no trash in tank. The fuel will not flow down to the carb. Any ideas?

you fellows having the fuel problem, if you have the rubber tip on your needle valve you should check to see if the rubber tip is swelled and only letting in a trickle of gas, this new gas that was forced on us will take any piece of rubber and swell it out of proportion so this could very well be your problem, please let me know if this helps, Bob