Stroke of luck

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Normally, when I get one of these newer Craftsman, Murray or Troybilt weed eaters, that's only a few years old, they've got probably that usually cost too much to fix. Scored cylinders, low compression or a combination of things. But, I took in some work from one of my regular customers (5 pieces of equipment all together). One was the Murray weed eater. Another one was a Stihl. The Stihl looks a little older. But checked out. Here's the weird part. He wants the Murray fixed and says I can have the Stihl.
So I'm guessing it won't go that way. That the Murray will be junk, and he'll end up having to take the Stihl.
But to my surprise, even with the Murray being as old as it was, still had good compression and spark. So I cleaned out the fuel tank (had to UC it for about 45 minutes to get all the gunk out of it. Replaced the fuel filter, lines and the primer bulb. Also had to clean that end of the carb. Especially the screen. None the less, it fired right up. And with only a minor adjustment to the L side, she purred like a kitten.

Strange happenings. Because usually those brands of weed eaters don't list more than a couple of years.

And I get a good Stihl weed eater out of it. Plus an older, but still good condition push mower and tanaka weed eater.