Export thread

Stihl or Echo

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

It always a big thing which is better stihl or echo so vote an tell me why!!! :thumbsup::smile:

I voted Stihl due too the fact you get good equipment at the same price as echo but stihl has better bells an add on's then echo (Just my Opinion) now also I have had some problems out of echo like carb failure on new equipment an such. But through Stihl I had a Problem with the 4 mix motors but was simple adjustment to them an they run great I have a Stihl Chainsaw that ran great for 3 years then failed do to to high of a rev before going into the wood (my fault) but it's fix now with the parts needed I say That I like Stihl due to great equipment. Give me your Experience with either or both brands an Vote.

Thanks Kodie.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mike88se

Mike88se

I'd choose Maruyama or Shindaiwa ;)

wjjones

wjjones

Echo all the way.:thumbsup:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Echo. :thumbsup: I have a 27 year old Echo trimmer that still runs good, never done anything to it.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/members/lawn-mower-fanatic-albums-my-equipment-picture8706-5.html

davbell22602

davbell22602

Stihl all the way here in this house.

Parkmower

Parkmower

I prefer Stihl because that is what I have more experience with.

exotion

exotion

Echo first its the only of the two ive used and second I've never needed anything else bought all mind from home depot and have no issues I have the 225 trimmer and edger its more than enough power starts every time parts are easy to find.

I've used all the commercial echo equipment trimmer, edger, blower, back pack blower , hedge trimmer, chainsaw, pole saw of all ages and never had any real issues beyond the stuff that comes from using it 8 hrs a day 5 days a week .

Ric

Ric

I'm Stihl all the way. The reason I go Stihl are because Stihl is German-engineered equipment and it's built in America. Stihl was designed for the professional operator in mind and homeowners alike with there cheaper home owner version not the other way around like Echo who's main market or target is the Homeowner, that's why there sold at Home Depot and a few other BB stores. I started the business with Echo's trimmers and edgers and after one season they needed to be replaced, went with the Stihl equipment 7 years ago and it's all still in use today.

FloGro

FloGro

ECHO , it's simple and easy to work on, stihl is deff quality but what a pain in the fricken buns to work on

L

LoCo86

ECHO , it's simple and easy to work on, stihl is deff quality but what a pain in the fricken buns to work on

I'm no expert on small engine repairs but the all have the same components and ease of maintenance.

Ric

Ric

I'm no expert on small engine repairs but the all have the same components and ease of maintenance.

Actually the Stihl units are easier to work on than the Echo's. All the carburetor adjustments on the stihls can be done with regular screwdrivers and you need special tools to work on echos the last I knew.

C

CleanCutsMa

Stihl all the way

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Actually the Stihl units are easier to work on than the Echo's. All the carburetor adjustments on the stihls can be done with regular screwdrivers and you need special tools to work on echos the last I knew.

My pb 500 blower is a pain compared to other units I work on an as far as the carb goes echos are non adjustable as far as I know an stihl now requires a special tool

LazerZLandscaping

LazerZLandscaping

Stihl all the way. Echo is good but Stihl is better.

L

LoCo86

Echo first its the only of the two ive used and second I've never needed anything else bought all mind from home depot and have no issues I have the 225 trimmer and edger its more than enough power starts every time parts are easy to find. I've used all the commercial echo equipment trimmer, edger, blower, back pack blower , hedge trimmer, chainsaw, pole saw of all ages and never had any real issues beyond the stuff that comes from using it 8 hrs a day 5 days a week .

I run nothing but Stihl equipment it's all live ever really used and never had any trouble with it. I did use my dad's Echo SRM 225 the other day and though it felt light than my Stihl it is way under powered for me. I mow his yard once a week and I had trouble cutting with it. It ran and cut great on the small thin stuff but when you got into anything that was remotely thick grass it would bog down and bounce around a little. I guess it's cause I'm used to my Stihl just powering through it with out have to whittle the grass down to the desired height. But to be fair I use a Stihl FS 130 to trim with and it is plenty of power to trim weekly with or use on fence rows that are cut 3 times a year.

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Stihl all the way, trust and gladly take German and American engineering, design, and fabrication over china anytime.

Bad confusion, sorry Echo is a Japan company not china.

Ric

Ric

Stihl all the way, trust and gladly take German and American engineering, design, and fabrication over china anytime.

Question, where do you get China from?

LazerZLandscaping

LazerZLandscaping

MTD junk, things sold at Wal-Mart and big box shopping retailers (not home depot, Lowe's things like that)

LazerZLandscaping

LazerZLandscaping

Americans and Germans take pride in what the manufacture.

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

I don't know I got confused as a goose on this one and was thinking of another company.

S

Shughes717

I have a stihl fs55 trimmer I purchased in 2002 still runs great, and a 1998 stihl 025 chainsaw that runs well also. I have heard good things about echo, but it's hard to swap when you get that many years out of a product.