Stihl in John Dealers

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: Carscw, both of the MTD LT's, that I mention in my post. The deck lift handle controls the pto, move the handle down a notch and the deck movers rearward therefore tighting the deck drive belt. At one time I tried an after market belt that was suppose to be the same as a MTD branded belt. No go, as I had to drop the deck to low to fully engage the belt as the AM belt was to deep in the pulleys. Those MTD belts do last a long time. jekjr, Very true about the mark ups, but what are you going to do, when you know that the MTD belts work correctly?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
:smile: Carscw, both of the MTD LT's, that I mention in my post. The deck lift handle controls the pto, move the handle down a notch and the deck movers rearward therefore tighting the deck drive belt. At one time I tried an after market belt that was suppose to be the same as a MTD branded belt. No go, as I had to drop the deck to low to fully engage the belt as the AM belt was to deep in the pulleys. Those MTD belts do last a long time. jekjr, Very true about the mark ups, but what are you going to do, when you know that the MTD belts work correctly?

Mine also works off the lift handle. If I remember right I went a half inch shorter on my 1990 model. On my 1998 yard man there are two belts that run the blades.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: Carsew, Both of the LT's I mention have the two belt deck drive. I assume by 1/2" shorter, you are referring to the cheap belts?