stihl hedgecutter needs 17 pumps to start

I have a set of Sthil and we were having the same problem. I switched to Stihl Ultra mix oil and mine straightened up. it took about a week, but we use them two or three times a week.
 
Buy an echo hedge trimmer. They always start and run better than the stihl's. Poor fuel quality could be the problem. Old fuel, fouled spark plug could be the problem. Not all 2 stroke engine start well straight off the choke with no throttle. try giving throttle and pulling the cord. 3-6 Primes max. I don't know the fuel quality in the Uk. Down here in the states fuel starts to turn in 30 days. Small engines with one cylinder are more selective about the fuel quality. A plugged air filter would not cause the engine to not start. It just won't run well. Over time plugged air filters cause the engine to ingest dirt. maybe the cylinder is scored.
 
Back
Top