Stihl FS 75 Throttle stuck

Micah16858

Forum Newbie
Hello, I have a Stihl FS 75 string trimmer, It's a 2004, and It has been sitting in our garage for 5+ years. I recently got It running, by adjusting the idle screws, and after 3 or 4 weeks, I decided to clean it. So, after a couple hours of cleaning, I put it all back together, and when I pull the throttle trigger and release, the throttle cable slackens and kind of bunches up, and the butterfly valve in the carb stays open. If you lightly nudge the valve, it springs right back closed and the cable tightens again. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Micah
 
I think I found the problem. I took the trottle cable out and looked at it, and it was like unraveled, like a couple of the wires broke. So I'm going to order a new cable and hope that fixes it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zig
Back
Top