Stihl FS 40 Weedeater.....

WMD

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a FS 40 weedeater and the cap has separated from the nut causing the cap to fly off. Without the cap, I can't get fresh line to feed and I can't get the cap to stay on the head. Need some help!

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
WMD, I am not familiar with your machine, but I will offer my experience with my Ryobi bump head feed (RIP). When the cap disintegrated I was happy that the bump feature did not really miss it. I just bumped on without it for years. Try it again.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is a genuine Sthil head then you should be able to order a replacement.
If it is an aftermarket part few will keep replacement parts as there is no profit in it.

loco-diablo

Threads
I've got a FS 40 weedeater and the cap has separated from the nut causing the cap to fly off. Without the cap, I can't get fresh line to feed and I can't get the cap to stay on the head. Need some help!

If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like you need a new bump head? They're available on ebay for less than $10.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like you need a new bump head? They're available on ebay for less than $10.

Yeah and there stihl imitation, the real thing is 21.95 on ebay plus shipping, he can go to any Stihl dealer in his area and get the head.

loco-diablo

Threads
Yeah and there stihl imitation, the real thing is 21.95 on ebay plus shipping, he can go to any Stihl dealer in his area and get the head.
There are genuine parts on eBay as well. Yes, $21.95 for the whole head. You can get just the genuine stihl knob for about $10 including shipping.

Last edited: