Stens 2c fuel lines.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I happened on a box of Stens 2c fuel lines (115-512 True Blue) that I know can't be much more than 2yrs old. Probably 1 yr, now that I think about it. They've been under something else, so I didn't see them.
None the less, I opened the box and they're hard already.

I'm pretty sure they were soft when I got them. Seems they'd have lasted a lot longer than that.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If they were stored in a dry environment it would not surprise me if they dried out. Humidity is a friend of fuel lines.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Don't trust the false advertisement that they are 100% ethanol resistant and that they do not shrink. I did a month test on them they they both harden and shrunk while fully submerged. These were brand new lines at the time so I simply tossed them and went back to using Tygon F-4040 and Echo rubber lines.

Rivets:
If they were stored in a dry environment it would not surprise me if they dried out. Humidity is a friend of fuel line.
My test was with new lines fully submerged in fuel mix so there was no humidity involved.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
What sizes are the most common? 3/32" ID 3/16" & what?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to the world of "what size is that damn fuel line" I have 50' boxes of a few sizes of Tygon, boxes of both sizes of Echo line, some of the Honda stuff, spools of 1/4" and 5/16" and 10' strands of other Tygon sizes and I still find hand helds that are something I don't have and I have seen things use 3 different sizes of fuel line WTF!.

Good luck.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to the world of "what size is that damn fuel line" I have 50' boxes of a few sizes of Tygon, boxes of both sizes of Echo line, some of the Honda stuff, spools of 1/4" and 5/16" and 10' strands of other Tygon sizes and I still find hand helds that are something I don't have and I have seen things use 3 different sizes of fuel line WTF!.

Good luck.

My problem is I never bothered reading the sizes after I buy them. And when I go to install new ones, I just match the old with the new and carry on.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What sizes are the most common? 3/32" ID 3/16" & what?
That one of the common lines. .080 id x .140 od is another one. And do see some .117 id x .211 od; not as much as I used to. Then there is the 3mm id x 5mm (ECHO 90014) and 3mm id x 6mm (ECHO 90015) rubber lines.