Steering Arm Adjustment

MZWad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good evening, just picked up a 2023 MZ Rambler and love it. Just installed a hour meter and will do the first oil change next weekend. I do have a question, I am new to zero turn mowers, are the steering arms not supposed to be the same height and tension? Attached is a picture, the left arm ( sitting on mower) is higher and seems to have a little more tension. The picture is to show the height difference. Since I am a newbie, when I search I might not be using the right verbiage. If they are supposed to be equal please assist, if play and a little off is fine, let me know. Thanks in advance for any help. I see tension springs on the steering arms, but don’t want to mess with them since it was assembled when I got it. Not saying the person installing didn’t know what they were doing, just want to make sure I don’t cause unneeded wear and tear on any parts.

Attachments

• IMG_3362.jpeg
    IMG_3362.jpeg
    859.2 KB · Views: 9

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Good evening, just picked up a 2023 MZ Rambler and love it. Just installed a hour meter and will do the first oil change next weekend. I do have a question, I am new to zero turn mowers, are the steering arms not supposed to be the same height and tension? Attached is a picture, the left arm ( sitting on mower) is higher and seems to have a little more tension. The picture is to show the height difference. Since I am a newbie, when I search I might not be using the right verbiage. If they are supposed to be equal please assist, if play and a little off is fine, let me know. Thanks in advance for any help. I see tension springs on the steering arms, but don’t want to mess with them since it was assembled when I got it. Not saying the person installing didn’t know what they were doing, just want to make sure I don’t cause unneeded wear and tear on any parts.
Steering arms should be close. If they don’t line up, take a pipe and fit it over arm and slowly bend it into shape. Zero turns usually have steering dampers (gas springs), like in a hatchback in an SUV. It one is blown out, it will make that steering arm loose and squirrelly. Sometimes in tight spaces, but not difficult to replace. Sometimes pricey, but you cannot effectively operate zero turn without steering damper. Replace in pairs just like shocks, and keep good one for next one that goes bad.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The first thing that you need to do is consult your owners manual.
Being new, the steering lever action will loosen up.
The tracking is most important. Both wheels should turn at the same speed and the mower should not creep in neutral.
Like @Tiger Small Engine said, a pipe can help with matching horizontal plain.