Standup decks...

Hal12

Threads
Like on the country clipper. Will I throw my back out standing the deck up? Anyone had any trouble

with this?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They come up really easy if you keep the pivot points clean and lubed with some dry spray on chassis grease.
The other thing is how often you do it
I have 4 walkers in the repair run.
The commercial customers decks are one hand jobs because I do blades on the 4 times a year
The privates are an effort because they never clean the deck & the only time it gets lifted is once every 5 years or so when I replace the blades.
I have 2 Clippers in the run and I have no problems with them
One of them was bought by an insurance company for a worker who is paralysed down one side , thus the need for the joystick , and he flips the deck one handed.
However he is a relatively fit 55 year old .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Will I throw my back out standing the deck up? Anyone had any trouble
No way of telling if your back will blow out.

My entire Snapper 33" rear engine rider will stand on its rear vertically in the air. Great for blade removal, cleaning the deck out and greasing the spindle. How many 0-turns will do this? LOL

slomo

Hal12

Threads

My entire Snapper 33" rear engine rider will stand on its rear vertically in the air. Great for blade removal, cleaning the deck out and greasing the spindle. How many 0-turns will do this? LOL

slomo
I've got a 48" snapper and it's made to stand up if need be. Use an electric hoist to set it up for deck work.
No way can I lift it myself and set it vertical.

Lawn Addict
Threads

slomo
Well I know Hustler has a flip up Deck, & I remember many copied the design. Soooo.............