Spring Tune Up

AndyMan

Threads
Will your mower get its spring tune-up while the snow is still on the ground or will you wait for the grass to start growing again? Do you take it somewhere or do you get it ready for the season yourself?

noma

Threads
Andyman

Hi I will do it myself it only will get a new in line fuel filter i did the oil change and oil filter change last fall last thing i did before it got very cold out so i don't have to do it in the spring .Did the air filter to put a new paper and pre filter new on then. I usually don't change the plugs proely should maybe this year i should it 3 years old now this year.And i need to put new blades or sharpen old ones too. Other then that i'm good to go.:rolleyes:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
My engines are all diesel ... the only thing I do in the spring is engine oil and filter change...

Fuel and air filters are cleaned in the fall ... there just isn't much to do in a tune up on a diesel engine... :smile:KennyV

(Oh... and take off the snow attachments and put on mowing decks...)

jteuban

Threads
hello, I would wait just before grass starts growing. Its pretty simple, with a new spark plug and an oil change is good. oil the air filter too. I recommended putting all fresh gas in your mower every spring, for easy starting. In the winter, Stable is a good brand to run through the carb just before putting it away. Also a blade sharpening is a good thing. If all this is done every season it should last a long time. Oh i almost forgot, make sure to check fuel lines before adding gas. Cheers

SallyA

Threads
I took mine to the shop to get it ready for spring a couple of days ago. We bought it last year and want it to be in top condition to start the season. It's been pretty warm most days and I noticed leaves are starting to bud out on some of the bushes. We're sure to have more cold days, but spring isn't far away now.

Tractor John

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use mine year round (walker Diesel) grass and snow, just routine maintenance when due.
BOb Cat trim mower gets done at the end of the season, no reason to let it sit with contaminated or aditive depleated oil over the winter.