spring replacement

mfrick

Member
I have a yard machine 42 inch. I had a spring break and come completely off the mower can anyone tell me how to install the new spring?

thanks
 
First what spring came off?


I use vise grips on the end and pull and snap it on the hook.
I can tell you the easy way to get it on once I know what spring

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))
 
There seems to be two large springs. One for the PTO which is still in place. The other, the one that is broken looks exactly like the pto spring bu as I said if broke and fell off the deck so I don't know where it goes.
 
There seems to be two large springs. One for the PTO which is still in place. The other, the one that is broken looks exactly like the pto spring but as I said it broke and fell off the deck so I don't know where it goes.


MTD parts had a diagram for my 42 inch deck. I found where the springs goes and put it on. Works fine.

thanks
 
Back
Top