Export thread

spring has sprung here in east Texas

JGGMC

JGGMC

ah.. the first mow of the year. It sure felt good out mowing today.

jekjr

jekjr

I did one last week over here in Lower Alabama. We have a while yet though before we get into full swing. Not as long as it has been though.

Neighbor mowed last week, mostly dormant grass, I'm still gonna overseed wednesday, I could mow, but it just here & there growth.

mcdonell

mcdonell

I mowed the grass over the septic lines and some crazy wild clover just last week here in north Texas. I am in no hurry to start the mowing season but the Skag won't abide a ugly poorly groomed yard. :laughing:

NorthBama

NorthBama

I mowed the grass over the septic lines and some crazy wild clover just last week here in north Texas. I am in no hurry to start the mowing season but the Skag won't abide a ugly poorly groomed yard. :laughing:
yes i am in no hurry to start because i know its going to be a long hot summer

tom3

tom3

Wife and I are heading south in a couple weeks, spend a month or so visiting and looking around. Probably need a baler to get my yard mowed down for that first mowing. And it will probably be rainy and wet for the first week back. First mow here in So. Ohio is usually mid March or so.

3jakes

I spent several hours behind a snow blower.......
Turf tiger is sitting covered with dust.

P

Pumper54

Have not had to mow at the farm (East Texas) yet.... but the Bride did mow at the house, she has her own riding mower and likes to tear up the yard ;-) to keep the weed heads down. Will it would just stop raining for a few days.

Tom

NorthBama

NorthBama

Have not had to mow at the farm (East Texas) yet.... but the Bride did mow at the house, she has her own riding mower and likes to tear up the yard ;-) to keep the weed heads down. Will it would just stop raining for a few days.

Tom

I agree on the stop raining. It has rained every day for a week here in North Alabama. We are at flash flood stage today and tomorrow

I agree on the stop raining. It has rained every day for a week here in North Alabama. We are at flash flood stage today and tomorrow

x 3 on the stop raining. Crazy here, I leave footprints walking thru the yard, it is so soaked.

NorthBama

NorthBama

More rain this morning and more heavy rain tonight. Cabin fever has set in.

P

Pumper54

Same here, woke up to 70* outside and the sound of rain on the roof. Supposed to have thunderstorms this morning then clear later today. We will see if the weather guessers are right.......... for once.
Tom

JGGMC

JGGMC

I spent several hours behind a snow blower.......
Turf tiger is sitting covered with dust.

LOL I guess I am lucky, I have never ever seen a snow blower.

NorthBama

NorthBama

Same here, woke up to 70* outside and the sound of rain on the roof. Supposed to have thunderstorms this morning then clear later today. We will see if the weather guessers are right.......... for once.
Tom

hope the weather guessers get it wright for sunshine Sunday afternoon we haven't had sunshine for 8 days

Been a good while here as well for dry days.

jekjr

jekjr

Yep it is now lat Feb and we are about to shake and bake for another season. I am ready to go back to work. I got my Tiger Cat serviced and went through all of my tensioner bearings and idler rolls. My finish mower and bush hog are serviced and ready to roll as well. Just changed all of the fluids and filters on my 3540 Tractor also. Looking forward to a great year.

P

Pumper54

61* and clear skies today, dang weather guessers got it right for once.
Tom

NorthBama

NorthBama

today turned out to be a nice day here also 55 and sunshine, first day of sunshine in 7 days:wink:

Nice here today as well, & predicted to be nice for next several days. Sun being out was like seeing a long lost friend. :thumbsup:

NorthBama

NorthBama

i agree the sun today was so nice after 8 days of rain

Yep, we had over 9 inches of rain in last 10 days..

Boobala

Boobala

AHhhhh YES ! things here in Fl. R not bad at all, U guys R all livin the wrong states ! while here, we enjoy pleasant weather n sweeties pickin out new bikini's to tease us guys with, Life is Good !! .. :thumbsup:

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Yep, the grass is growing here, once the soil warms up more it'll be a jungle.
Mowed the yard a week ago sunday, almost needs it again.
Oak trees are getting pollen on them as well as Sweet gums, :thumbsup:

AHhhhh YES ! things here in Fl. R not bad at all, U guys R all livin the wrong states ! while here, we enjoy pleasant weather n sweeties pickin out new bikini's to tease us guys with, Life is Good !! .. :thumbsup:

Boo- Lived South of you in Fla for about 30 years. I do not miss it there at all.

Koehn's Lawn Service

Koehn's Lawn Service

I have my spring letters all ready to go out next week. We have all of a sudden fallen into a wet pattern here in Colorado which we need the moisture bad. We usually get going full swing with spring cleanups middle march but we will see what weather decides to do. I still need some time getting equipment done anyways so not in a big hurry right now.

2smoked

2smoked

You lucky Southerners!! Last weekend we had a big snow with high winds followed by a record breaking 131 car pile-up very close to where I live. Tomorrow night we are expecting temps to fall to around -9. We can’t even see our grass yet with about 2 and a half feet of snow cover. Yes I know—-it sucks to be us.

H

helomech

Going to be in the low 20's starting tomorrow. Hope all my fruit trees don't loose the flowers they have.

J

JPE

Upper 30s for the high today. Low 20s for the low tonight. Mid 30s for the high tomorrow. Then it starts warming up mid to late week next week. Spring has not yet sprung here in North Texas. At least it gives me a little more time to buy my mower after moving to my new house next week. I can't put it off too long though because before I know it the grass is gonna be taking off!

NorthBama

NorthBama

no spring here for next week down to 28 tonight 40 for high tomorrow. starts warming up next weekend :thumbsup:

no spring here for next week down to 28 tonight 40 for high tomorrow. starts warming up next weekend :thumbsup:

Ditto, hope the cold doesn't kill off my over seeded lawn.

P

Pumper54

Woke up to 28* here at Lake Conroe (north of Houston, TX) bird bath was frozen solid, we did bring in the plants from the back deck but hope the trees and flowers that had buds will survive. Blue Bonnets were looking good along the road, hope they make it. My kiddo lives in Chicago and it is 9* there, uggh could not live somewhere were it is colder then the inside of my ice box.
Tom

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

It was 26 here by Cut n' shoot around 5:45 this morning, warmed up to 27 now :laughing:
Weatherman says 49 for high today..... that's still cool, but better than 35 all day long.

NorthBama

NorthBama

woke up to 24 here this morning in Huntsville Alabama. Spring daffodils were looking good now all drooped over. Hoping to make it to 40 today. Another hard freeze tonight. On the brighter side sunshine today.

woke up to 24 here this morning in Huntsville Alabama. Spring daffodils were looking good now all drooped over. Hoping to make it to 40 today. Another hard freeze tonight. On the brighter side sunshine today.

21* this morning here. And about same for tomorrow too. The sun was a bonus tho. We ever dry out I need to get mowing.

NorthBama

NorthBama

21 here this morning thats cold for us southern guys

You got that right..................