Solo 471 KAT Backpack Leaf Blower

JD14SB

Threads
Love my Solo Leaf Blower but now the Coil has failed. It's an Oppama Coil in which Solo wants $125 for with shipping. It looks like a C-8241 or a CS241? Hard to read the numbers. Hoping someone has this coil for less than Solo's website.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Love my Solo Leaf Blower but now the Coil has failed. It's an Oppama Coil in which Solo wants $125 for with shipping. It looks like a C-8241 or a CS241? Hard to read the numbers. Hoping someone has this coil for less than Solo's website.
I have worked on a couple of Solo backpacks foggers, and it seems like parts are difficult to find except from OEM Solo, and they aren’t cheap.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have worked on a couple of Solo backpacks foggers, and it seems like parts are difficult to find except from OEM Solo, and they aren’t cheap.
Doesn't help that Solo sold their power equipment line to AL-KO in 2010 and that company pulled their power equipment from the US market.

JD14SB

Threads
I also own a Solo 635 Chainsaw. Haven't used it a lot but it seems to be a very fine saw. I think the Solo Backpack Blower is ready for the trash. It needs Carburetor work, fuel lines and grommets, and the coil. What I like most is it was very powerful and the engine ran at a lower RPM than other Blowers. I never got a noise complaint using this Blower. My electric start Ryobi Blower RY-09600 gets random noise complaints. Out here in the Portland Oregon area, these gasoline Blowers will be banned in the next couple of years.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sold the chainsaws and blowers from around 2000 to around 2010 when they started moving my parts distributor around. I think they changed my distributor 3 times in one year before closing up shop in the US.

Parts for them were not any worse than some of the Makita/dolmar products. Small handheld 4 stroke blower with a $125 coil in a $189 blower. So coil plus labor was more than the blower retailed for.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I also own a Solo 635 Chainsaw. Haven't used it a lot but it seems to be a very fine saw. I think the Solo Backpack Blower is ready for the trash. It needs Carburetor work, fuel lines and grommets, and the coil. What I like most is it was very powerful and the engine ran at a lower RPM than other Blowers. I never got a noise complaint using this Blower. My electric start Ryobi Blower RY-09600 gets random noise complaints. Out here in the Portland Oregon area, these gasoline Blowers will be banned in the next couple of years.

Sales of new 2-stroke and 4-stroke may be banned in a few years, but not operation of existing equipment. There are millions of pieces of outdoor power equipment (gas), that will run for many years.