Export thread

solenoid

G

gregjo1948

Kohler CV750----I'm looking for the best place to buy a carburetor fuel shutoff solenoid.
The number on it is 4ZG but that doesn't seem likely to be a good part number.

R

Rivets

Does your solenoid come off the side of a two barrel carb? If so I think the carb kit number you need is 2475750S. Please post all your engine numbers and the make and any numbers on the carb. I ask this as the kit runs around $100 and I want to be sure I have given you the correct part number.

G

gregjo1948

Does your solenoid come off the side of a two barrel carb? If so I think the carb kit number you need is 2475750S. Please post all your engine numbers and the make and any numbers on the carb. I ask this as the kit runs around $100 and I want to be sure I have given you the correct part number.

Kohler CV750
model-24 522 414
serial-4320099161

Would a 2475745S work? I saw one for $60.00.

Thanks

EngineMan

EngineMan

CV750 engines in this series are equipped with a Keihin two-barrel side draft design with fixed main jets. that part number is a Solenoid for a Nikki Carburetor.

R

Rivets

Thanks EngineMan for your input, but I’m not coming up with a Keihin carb for a model CV 750, so far my books stop that carb at CV740. You are probably right, but I want to do more checking. Greg, will you inspect your carb carefully and give us the name stamped on the carb. There is one, and if possible post a couple of pics. Thanks Rivets

G

gregjo1948

I will try to get name/number/something off the carb. The solenoid is on the rear of the carb.(mounted horizontal, opposite side from choke butterfly)
The Kohler is mounted on a Ferris IS3100 and to remove the carb, half the machine needs to be disassembled but the solenoid can be unscrewed & removed
without removing anything else.
Thanks, gregjo1948

EngineMan

EngineMan

Does it look like this.......

Attachments

EngineMan

EngineMan

Take a look at this.........

Attachments

G

gregjo1948

Does it look like this.......

Yes, I believe that's it. It is a Keihin.
The number looks like this ------ BK 111D
F86
Does this mean I need the solenoid 24 757 50 S ??????

EngineMan

EngineMan

Yes, I believe that's it. It is a Keihin.
The number looks like this ------ BK 111D
F86
Does this mean I need the solenoid 24 757 50 S ??????

If it is the Keihin two-barrel carburetor then the part in the link that I posted is the one you need, if you take it off you should be able to tell by this photo...here is the link that the photo was taken from...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Kohler-Par...m=221994032935&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Attachments

EngineMan

EngineMan

R

Rivets

Thanks EngineMan for your help. I agree with you that 2475750S is the correct part number. Greg, take the solenoid out and as EngineMan says, compare it to the picture to see if they match before you order.

G

gregjo1948

Thanks EngineMan for your help. I agree with you that 2475750S is the correct part number. Greg, take the solenoid out and as EngineMan says, compare it to the picture to see if they match before you order.

Already did that and ordered a new one. Thank you guys for the help.
regards, Greg