so much confusion on Kawasaki oil filters.

fieldhand1

Forum Newbie
Threads
this is what i have used for the last 10 years.
hi, Sorry this post is longer than i had thought. i have finished the yard and blown off the deck and engine of clippings. ok, this is good. parked the mower and checked the oil and the air pre-filter. all good. the next day was moving mower to another house and when i checked the oil, i was overfull! ok,this is not normal. anyway i loaded and moved. to Toms house. before unloading i checked and the oil was ok? my little brother thinks the check valve in the oil filter has failed and oil is draining into the sump?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
hi, Sorry this post is longer than i had thought. i have finished the yard and blown off the deck and engine of clippings. ok, this is good. parked the mower and checked the oil and the air pre-filter. all good. the next day was moving mower to another house and when i checked the oil, i was overfull! ok,this is not normal. anyway i loaded and moved. to Toms house. before unloading i checked and the oil was ok? my little brother thinks the check valve in the oil filter has failed and oil is draining into the sump?
#1: Check the oil when the engine is stone cold.
#2: Does the oil have a gasoline smell?
I doubt that the Anti Drain Back Valve has failed.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you have room for the filter to clear the engine shroud and any hydraulic hoses 49065-0721 and 49065-0724 will work. I use the 49065-0724 on most all the Kawasaki engine besause it is easier to get off and put on.

fieldhand1

Forum Newbie
Threads
#1: Check the oil when the engine is stone cold.
#2: Does the oil have a gasoline smell?
I doubt that the Anti Drain Back Valve has failed.
ok, thanks for the reply. cold-cold, as with the kaw. you do not turn dipstick on threads. I have a line on the dipstick top that is horizontal with the engine. it is at the top of the threads. if i turn a 1/4 turn to the left, ccw the stick will drop down a small amount, then remove and check, its overfull, then start and run wot. then slow and shutdown. check it 3 minutes later oil is good. i change every 40 hours and every other change put on a new filter. i will check in the am. then mow Toms place, 1.75 hours and dump old oil and add a new 3600 filter that has been filled with mobile 1 oil, after refilling will see how it goes. any way, thanks for your time. harry

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
STP S-4967
FRAM TG4967
Super Tech MP 4967
WIX 51394
NAPA Gold 1394
If WIX and NAPA Gold still have the convex shaped base plate, this could cause problems with leaking.