Snowblower carburetor cleaning

ft_motors

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use GumBuster to clean the carburetors. The kit by cleancarburetor.com doesn't require the carburetor removed from the engine and taken a part to clean. The valve installed on the bottom of the carb gives access to all fuel and air jets. 20 minutes soak time to dissolve the gum. After the 20 minutes the pressure from inside the can pushes out all the dissolved gum from inside the jets. In average 98 snowblowers out of 100 snowblowers were fully recovered with GumBuster kit.

Attachments

• Picture1.gif
    Picture1.gif
    243.3 KB · Views: 5

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wonder how well it cleans plugged pilot jets in honda style carbs?
Another miracle in a can?

Vic bellan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use GumBuster to clean the carburetors. The kit by cleancarburetor.com doesn't require the carburetor removed from the engine and taken a part to clean. The valve installed on the bottom of the carb gives access to all fuel and air jets. 20 minutes soak time to dissolve the gum. After the 20 minutes the pressure from inside the can pushes out all the dissolved gum from inside the jets. In average 98 snowblowers out of 100 snowblowers were fully recovered with GumBuster kit.
I too am skeptical, have seen much debris in carb bowl that I find hard to belive would get forced out somewhere ? , but thanks for the info !

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most grim-ricks like this is usually for lightly clogged carbs. I just did a Nikki carburetor that was so gummed up that even two hours in the USC did not clean out the jets until I roughed up the clogging material. Besides air bleeds seldom ever have fuel coming in contact with them.

Anyways no cleaning method is 100% effective all the time. Sometime you got help it along. It all depends on what is clogging the carburetor. I even had one carburetor that a grain of sand got struck in an idle jet and nothing other brute force would remove it. Of it had to be a crystal clear grain and was only seen under magnification.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have to use a micro drill on most honda type pilot jets. The USC or carb cleaner doesn't do a good job cleaning those.

cdestuck

Threads
I am not sure how many carbs I care of that stuff will do, but at that price, you can buy a couple of aftermarket new carburetors