snow blower attachment fo JD LT 160

maildaddy1

Forum Newbie
I have a JD LT 160 and I was told after I purchased it that JD did not make a blower for this series. Is this true ? would a blower from a different series work ? are there any after market blowers out there for this model?
 
This is gonna sound stupid, but, I know they are available because I bought the entire system for a freind of mine 2 years ago, however I could not find any info under the attachment section on the JD site, I would suggest you try the JD athorized dealer.
Now for the bad news, I had it here last year for servicing, & woke to a major storm, I thought it would be a good time to try it out, "I was not impressed" I found it had no steering with the blower down, & no traction with it up, yes we had wheel weights & chains, but that is just my opinion, the snow was wet & heavy, maybe you have drier snow in your area. Hope this helps.
Michael ::smile:
 
This is gonna sound stupid, but, I know they are available because I bought the entire system for a freind of mine 2 years ago, however I could not find any info under the attachment section on the JD site, I would suggest you try the JD athorized dealer.
Now for the bad news, I had it here last year for servicing, & woke to a major storm, I thought it would be a good time to try it out, "I was not impressed" I found it had no steering with the blower down, & no traction with it up, yes we had wheel weights & chains, but that is just my opinion, the snow was wet & heavy, maybe you have drier snow in your area. Hope this helps.
Michael ::smile:

My older 318 was fitted with a front blade, even with chains and wheel weights I never had enough traction to push heavy snow. Finally ended up adding liquid weight to the tires, and the frame was strong enough to support a bracket I made for the back end that let me hang 150 pounds of barbell weights on it, that did make a difference but I still had more power than traction.
 
Nothing works quite as well as power steering ... Well also ZTR steering...:laughing:

And there is no easy substitute for weight, when you need to plant power to the ground. :smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top