Export thread

Snapper with Tecumseh project

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

Well I can't seem to get my pictures uploaded but thought I'd give you the quick story of my latest Snappers that I pieced together. First I bought an old 5hp Tecumseh engine from a friend who works on mowers for $10 (then had the oil leak fixed for $100!). Its a TVS120 6313K (D) 4084B. I don't know if it was built in 1984 but it looks like it came from the 80s. I sanded off the grey paint and repainted it white (I'm partial to the Snappers from the 80s, red & white) and mounted it on an old deck I got from another friend who owns a mower shop. Then I decided I wanted to put steel wheels on it so I swapped out axles from an old sp model to fit the slotted rear wheels. So it has the rear axle with the plastic guard and gearbox, just none of the sp mechanisms. Rolls better with the steel wheels and that engine runs like new. Lots of power. In fact I think it has more power than either of my sp models with the 1995 Briggs (mounted on old red/white deck) or the 4hp I/C Briggs. I hope I can get a pic of this uploaded but I'm new here on the forum and wanted to at least post my first mower story. :smile:

T

twinfords

mowers6sale 005.jpgmowers6sale 008.jpg yup i like them as well

snappin

snappin

I'm quite fond of the red and white too.:smile:

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

that's a nice pac-n-sac u have. here's all three of mine. the tecumseh project has since been sold.

Attachments

midnite rider

midnite rider

Here are some pictures of my old working Snapper that I promised to post for Snapperfreak a while back.:cool2: It's a little rough as I use it as a trail mower in Alabama. It takes a lot of abuse but keeps right on going. It still has the original 4HP Briggs. Can't beat that rear wheel drive on it. I am hoping to get another one just like it off Craigs list tomorrow for cheap. Maybe I will clean it up as I like the red and white too. Also saw a Comet rider on the side of the road for sale today on the way home from work. Was tempted to stop. I may if it is still there tomorrow.:biggrin:

Attachments

midnite rider

midnite rider

Not meaning to hijack your thread Snapperfreak but i thought this would interest you. It is a 1959 Snapper rider I found today for sale on Craigs list for $200. It doesn't run and has hand brakes. Don"t know if hand brakes was original or not.:smile:

Attachments

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

That self-propelled has some real potential...looks like just rust that could be blasted off and just repainted. No dents or bent metal. But I guess as just a trail mower it doesn't need to be pretty. And hey that old RER is sweet! 1959?!? It really didn't change much over the years. I've never seen one that old. I know its not running but it looks like you could hop right on and start mowing. Thanks for all the pics!!

Snapperfreak

Snapperfreak

I do like that side-discharge...need to find me one of those.

C

coweta

Not meaning to hijack your thread Snapperfreak but i thought this would interest you. It is a 1959 Snapper rider I found today for sale on Craigs list for $200. It doesn't run and has hand brakes. Don"t know if hand brakes was original or not.:smile:
they are real i still have that snappet with hand brakes has hard rubber tires on front and mud tires on back has one clutch pedal ser#193154 mod 306fg i cant make the numbers out i only know o never saw another one if u google it mine comes up travismlatham@comcast.net. One day gonna put motor on it and see if it slides around like i heard ....

midnite rider

midnite rider

they are real i still have that snappet with hand brakes has hard rubber tires on front and mud tires on back has one clutch pedal ser#193154 mod 306fg i cant make the numbers out i only know o never saw another one if u google it mine comes up travismlatham@comcast.net. One day gonna put motor on it and see if it slides around like i heard ....

:welcome: to the forum. Please post a pic of it if you can. :biggrin:

C

coweta

Here are a few pic of my comet snapper with hand brakes . It has hard rubber tires on front. I cant find another one no where I was wondering if any of u guys might have one. If you google it pic of mine comes up. Send me a pic if you have one. travismlatham@comcast.net

ForumRunner_20121019_081624.png

ForumRunner_20121019_081727.png

ForumRunner_20121019_081831.png