Snapper Pushmower

kstande

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Snapper Ninja mulching push mower. Don't know the year. Suddenly I can't pull the pull cord more than 7" sometimes 10" out. I had just started it and made a couple passes and it died. When I tried to start it again that's when I had issues with the pull cord. I have tipped it over, can't see anything stuck up in there from the bottom. I removed the top cover that houses the pull cord and it pulls freely but not when it's fastened onto the mower. Could this be a worn choke cable or the other cable that attaches to the lever you hold in while starting and running the mower.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
does the engine rotate by hand a couple times when you turn the blade? Make sure the engine run bar is in the off position so it doesn't accidentally backfire or something and hurt you. If not pull the spark plug and try again.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like the flywheel brake is doing it's job.

When you push/pull the deadman lever, should have a lot of resistance. This strong spring pulls back on the FW brake and brake shoe. Follow the lever/cable/big coil spring assembly to see of the brake is being released.