snapper motor

chizdad

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking for a good used snapper engine replacement. The old engine is shot but the mower and deck is still in good shape. Any ideas from anyone? It looks to be about 8 hp. verticle shaft.

GreenWannabe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking for a good used snapper engine replacement. The old engine is shot but the mower and deck is still in good shape. Any ideas from anyone? It looks to be about 8 hp. verticle shaft.

I faced the same dilemma a number of years ago. I replaced a worn out 5 HP Briggs (original equipment on a Snapper) with an 8 HP Briggs I/C. I went to the local master service distributor, which fortunately was only 5 or 10 miles from where I lived. I found them in the phone book, back in the days before internet - and internet search should be able to turn up the master service distributor for your area, or you can call or email Briggs.

Good luck

Fred

Dannie

Threads
I replace an 8hp with a 14hp.ALSO PUT A 2 CYLINDER ON ONE.Had to change exhaust it got too hot on the backside,but that thing would mower.I would check for a 10hp if I was you.You will need a 3''long 1''round shaft and a 10hp should fit for about the same price.GOOD LUCK.............