SNAPPER 255707-0128 engine flooded?

mhamdan6789

Forum Newbie
Threads
B]Hello, I have a snapper (255707-0128 ) with a 10 hp briggs and Stratton engine that may need carb replaced. Went to start mower and noticed gas leaking out of exhaust and would not start ( I may have forget to turn gas line off after last use) However there is no info on how to replace parts for this mower on the internet being an older model. I am relatively handy however I have never replaced parts on this mower that I just purchased last year and would like some insight on how to do this without messing up my mower, thank you! [/B]1.jpg11.jpg111.jpg

mhamdan6789

Forum Newbie
Threads
yes the oil stick smells like gas, when I try to start I saw gas leaking from exhaust. When I took air filter off I noticed fuel in the circle cup like part of carb? I feel like it needs a good carb cleaning or maybe even carb replacement but I don't see anything online about replacing carb similar to mine, will cleaning it out fix the problem? or do I need to do something else as well since engine was flooded with gas, thank you in advance

mhamdan6789

Forum Newbie
Threads

I did and it started for 10 seconds and turned off. Now I cant get it to start. I feel like I may not have properly reinstalled choke link because it does not move as freely as it did before (it became disconnected from both ends so once I attached the one end back to carb I was not sure about where other end went?(im referring to the shorter link of the two, and longer one does not move now for some reason) I apologize for all the questions! I also changed oil, and changed fuel filter as well.