Small Engine novice

rklemm60

Threads
Friends, Thank you for you patience in waiting for me look into this again! I followed the six steps that Rivets suggested with the exception of cleaning the selenoid connection down to bear metal. Today I was able to get the engine to fire for two reasons. My son, after reviewing the schematic (see attached), noticed that the small red wire coming off the positive side of the battery needed to be connected to a black wire (see attached picture entitled "Black to Red" of a black and red wire connected with a red wire nut). In picture you should see that black wire going about 3 inches to a Y to two red wires. One of those red wires goes to my 15 amp fuze and then back out again. the other wire goes to a harness with multiple wires. Once he connected, I was able to get the tractor to fire, but, only time enough to burn the starter fluid I sprayed directly into the carborator (the 36 second video I made to capture the firing was too large of a file to register on this site ). I repeated this drill numerous times with no success getting it to fire up and run. After the starting fuel fires and stalls, I have had it cranking for up to 30 seconds without firing. thoughts?

Attachments

• Black to Red to Fuze and Red to harness.jpg
    Black to Red to Fuze and Red to harness.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 1
  • S2048 v1 Schematic 230901.jpg
    S2048 v1 Schematic 230901.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 1

rklemm60

Threads
Today I checked the gas tank and confirmed the gas line is about 1 and 1/2 inches below the fluid line but there is only about 3 inches of fluid in the gas tank. Then I pulled the gas line off the receiver plastic piece where is enters the tractor casing that houses the carborator. I then repeated the procedure for getting it to fire hoping to see some gas coming out of the line. I saw no gas coming out. When discussing this problem back in July, we thought I had burned up the Magnetos when I tried to bypass the switch. I have new ones on hand, but I am waiting to hear from the group on what would be the next best step since now it appears to be firing, though only for a second while it burns the starter fluid.