Repairs Slippin

Vangoat

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just picked up a 2005 Dixon ZTR RAM 50.
it tries to chatter on the left side when I go up an incline. I was thinking the drive/drives were low on fluid but all I could find were these two tub towers with rubber caps above the drives, im guessing they are for venting. so now my only guess is a lose belt. how do you change those? from top or bottom?
Any ideas??

afollower

Threads
I just picked up a 2005 Dixon ZTR RAM 50.
it tries to chatter on the left side when I go up an incline. I was thinking the drive/drives were low on fluid but all I could find were these two tub towers with rubber caps above the drives, im guessing they are for venting. so now my only guess is a lose belt. how do you change those? from top or bottom?
Any ideas??

I have a 2005 Ram 44 and just changed the drive belt. Have to go at it from top & bottom. Remove the spring from the tension pulley first. From underneath there is a piece that bolts on the frame next to the clutch that needs to be removed so you can get the belt out. It has two bolts and is easy to remove. Be sure to unplug the clutch. Just remove the belt and replace.

I have an issue with the tension pulley sleeve sticking and so sometimes the belt slips because the bracket gets stuck. You may have the same issue. I have lubed it but am thinking it needs replaced.

Hope this helps.