simplicity landlord 3410s

dp14

Threads
Anybody have a 72 simplicity landlord 3410s. I have been having issues with my carb. If anybody has tips or know where I could get one cheap I would appreiciate it. It cuts at a lot and leaks fuel and its just a mess and I'm tired of dealing with it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What engine do you have? Having work on many landlords I have not seen serious problems with carbs.

dp14

Threads
I have a 10 hp briggs cast iron built

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Having the carb rebuilt on that end would probably solve your problem, as long as you feel The engine is still good. Not that hard to, but I would look for the oldest small engine mechanic in your area. He'll have worked on these many times in the past, as this was a very popular carb. Going $$ in my area for a good job is about $75.00 including rebuild kit.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
WELCOME to LMF

I moved your thread to the Simplicity Forum. :smile:

dp14

Threads
Ok thank you. If I got a rebuild kit what would be different? Would it make it run better and have more horse?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Rebuilding the carb and adjusting it properly would eliminate the leaks and run a lot better if there are no other related problems. Make sure you get a new gasket between the carb and the engine. I suggest taking it to a good mechanic, as he will probably disassemble and soak it before putting in a new kit. If it is adjusted properly you should get the maximum HP that the engine was designed for. If you are going to install the carb back on the engine yourself, ask the mechanic how to adjust. To long to explain here. Good Luck. If everything works well in the end going back with a small ???? is always appreciated and you will have someone to talk to if other problems come up.

dp14

Threads
I'm going to be tractor pulling with it this summer. Do u know anything about that or any tips u could give me. How do u go about boring it out? And how would u keep ur rpms up without bogging down?

dp14

Threads
Or do they make a drishaft diesel engine that small that will fit down in my frame? Iv never heard of a drishaft driven diesel engine but its just a thought.