Export thread

Simplicity 4212

R

randomguy3

I have an old Simplicity 4242, ID 1691427, that the steering rod came off of the ball joint. There was a little rubber grommet that broke in half that I think kept the two pieces together. I can't seem to find a replacement part number for that piece. The parts manual doesn't seem to reference it either (page 14): http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8aoO3rE7CM65kbp796Dq.pdf

Does anyone know where I can find this part?

Thanks for any help.

R

Rivets

You will have to replace the tie rod assembly. Don't know if you have the old or new style.

BlazNT

BlazNT

You are looking for the Ball Joint assy #28 on page 14. It is all one unit the rubber thing you speak or is a dust shield.

R

randomguy3

Thanks for the replies, just to clarify nothing seems to be broke, it just seems to have slipped off the knob. I believe I have the old style assembly.

BlazNT

BlazNT

If it slips off it is broke. Nothing holds it together except friction.

M

mechanic mark

Lawn Tractor Manuals | Riding Mower Manual | Simplicity Mowers scroll down, if you ever need parts for your tractor try these folks:Messick's | Dealer for New Holland, Case IH, Kubota, Cub Cadet and More | Online Parts, Sales & Service.

Example:Errorclick anyway

Suggestion: If you do order this part or any other parts order new hardware nuts, bolts, etc., reason being in this case self locking nuts on steering parts.