Repairs Simplicity 12.5 Hydrostatic(1988) restart issue

Solar Guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Simplicity riding mower model#1691473 5200 series 12.5 hydro 42" deck that after running for about 10 mins. will not restart until the engine has cooled down.You can keep it running fine,it does not gradually die or lose power at all.In fact once this thing is going it is a beast and knocks down a farm yard that would give a gorilla on crack issues.
Sometimes i can get lucky and it will restart after the engine is hot but id say its about 60/40 that it will not get going again.
ALSO,sometimes when cold when you turn the key nothing happens(no clicky,no nothin).I have to move the gear in F and then R,press and let off the clutch/brake to,it seems to me,get the safety switch to engage but since i have been starting every month now and roll it around the yard to keep it fresh that happens less and less.But again,it eventually starts.
When hot is the high percentage dead zone and although i can fix anything this one has me hunting.Briggs magneto maybe?Dunno.
But since this thing kicks all kinds of butt when going and after i restored it (new fuel filter/air filter/carb rebuild/batt/cables/starter) it got a hell of a lot better(initially it barely ran) i think i will keep this thing and glue a shark fin to the top and call it the hog killer.
So if anyone knows where i can get attachments-the dump cart and dozer/snow blade for this model let me know,i've got a driveway spring gravel job for this thing and snow is supposed to be bad this jan/feb.

Solar Guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I appreciate the links and i have printed and saved the resources for future reference but i nailed down the issue.When you get off the tractor after the initial start the seat shifts and it and leaves it out of contact with the safety switch.I fix a lot of things and this was just really odd to pinpoint because sometimes it would start sometimes not but as you sit squarely on the seat every time the safety switch doesnt even register as a possible problem.
So now just put a fist down on the switch spot and starts right up every time.
Awesome tractor off craigslist for 300$.
Carb rebuild kit,air filter,fuel filter & line this thing cuts a hardcore 2 acres.Why buy new when you can have brand new for next to nothin!

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/msquBL-K_ny7tH217FzoPu.pdf

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCyEN8csIZrE3CGh5kbp796Dq.pdf[/QUOTE]