Should I lube the bakealite wheels on the mower deck?

Spader

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Should I lube the bakealite wheels on the mower deck?
Today I sold my old 2004, LT1022 and soon after went to Home Depot and purchased the same thing in the new X-1 Enduro with 46" cut and Kohler V Twin engine. I need to make a few adjustments to the seat and I want to lube and grease all zerts. One of the first things to go on my old mower were the plastic or bakealite wheels on the mower deck, They wore out in a couple of years and flopped all over the place. Could I prolong their life by pulling them off and packing them with some kind of lube. I believe they are dry now coming off the show room floor. I sure don't want to put anything on the wheels that would increase wear or cause them to deteriorate by some chemical reaction. Any ideas? Maybe this is just one of those things you need to live with and replace every few years.

The guy who bought my old LT1022 got a fine mower. The B & S Engine still ran fine do to good preventive maintenance. I simply fell for the new mower with the added changes and had to have it. I'm wondering if the Kohler can match the B & S for longevi

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do not grease or oil it will only attract dirt. Just clean regularly with water and replace as needed. Make sure you install them for you mowing height.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You car run something like dry lube on the bolt